Monday 2 September 2019

PFD and Tether stowage

Another item off the list of minor irritants...

In 2019 I spent some time looking at the clutter in Windstar and the stowage of various items which were either routinely taken out then put away (not not), or might need to be accessed quickly, possibly in an emergency.   PFDs made the list.  These need to be stowed out of the way, readily accessed, in a well ventilated space, and should not be an impede access to other stowage.
The volume and bulkhead space within quarter berth area fit the bill, and works with how I use the boat.   
The shock-corded hooks proved to be a simple solution.



2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased a '86 33-2. I'm enjoying your blog. How did you affix those hooks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitchell
      The hooks are attached to the liner with two self tapping screws each. I avoid drilling or cutting anything if at all possible however in this case it was the best solution. I was concerned they’d pull out but after several seasons this hasn’t happened. I hope this helps.

      Dave

      Delete

Comments and corrections welcome!