Saturday 30 July 2016

Cool wiring trick

This seems so obvious, yet to me it clearly wasn't...
Working in a crowded panel I had connected three +12vdc wires to a breaker, mounted directly Adjacent to a breaker which was fusing the ground of the ACR.
 Three ring terminals were stacked, with each wire radiating from the screw around 25 deg apart.   This took up a lot of space and the hot wire's terminal was crowding its neighbour.  Probably fine but I didn't like it.   It then dawned on me to reverse one of the wires so the terminals were back to back, then heatshrink them together (They were coming from the same harness.) and attach to the terminal.   Much tidier.  Not sure  why that hadn't occurred to me before...







My preferred method of termination - good quality uninsulated closed barrel terminals, first crimped, then soldered, with clear heat shrink over top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and corrections welcome!